This article is adapted from Natural Vitality’s CALMFUL LIVING online magazine, with permission.
See original post here: Natural Vitality Love Potion Smoothie
Start your partner’s Valentine’s Day off right with a little lovin’ by whipping up one of these tasty smoothies with a dose of the libido-promoting botanical maca and calming magnesium. We even offer the recipe to make your own nut milk, if you really want to impress.
For more info about the benefits magnesium has on sexual health and hormones, see here.
Enjoy this healthy boost with your loved one this Valentine’s Day.
1 teaspoon maca (available at most natural products stores)
4 organic strawberries
2 organic Medjool dates
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ice cubes
1 teaspoon plain Natural Calm
1½ cups unsweetened vanilla nut milk or make your own (see recipe below)
Homemade Nut Milk
1 cup nuts (almond, Brazil nut, cashew, etc.)
1 cup filtered water to soak nuts
4 cups filtered water to blend nuts
Nut milk bag or cheesecloth to strain nut milk
Makes 32 ounces of nut milk
- If making the nut milk, begin preparation one day before and follow the instructions in this video.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Natural Calm to 1 tablespoon of hot water. Allow to cool and set aside.
- Add strawberries, dates, maca, vanilla, ice cubes, Natural Calm and homemade nut milk to a blender and blend.
- Serve to your loved one in a chilled glass with a strawberry garnish and a kiss.
- You can use your leftover nut pulp in baking, granola or smoothies for extra fiber.