In a recent post we gave advice for serving up Natural Calm when your kids have a penchant for sweets. One suggestion was to add Natural Calm to sweet smoothies. Here’s a recipe adapted from Organic Connections’ The Calmful Heart Health Book.
“This delicious smoothie is a great way to get in heart-healthy nutrients. It’s loaded with antioxidants; plus blueberries may help to reduce the risk of heart disease and improve cardiovascular health. The flavonoids in dark chocolate also support a healthy cardiovascular system. Look for less-processed varieties, like the raw cacao powder used in this recipe, in order to get the most benefits from your chocolate.”
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup organic blueberries, frozen
- ½ medium banana, peeled, cut into chunks and frozen
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- ¼ teaspoon unflavored Natural Calm magnesium
- Mix Natural Calm with almond milk.
- Allow to sit for 15 minutes, for Natural Calm to fully dissolve and become ionic.
- Add ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy immediately
Follow the Natural Calm Canada Facebook page for more easy how-to information, to make using Natural Calm even more delicious!