Activate your body’s most natural cleansing process (ketone generation) by fueling with these magnesium-rich detox drops as a late-night snack or pre-breakfast option. By delaying your breakfast for a couple of hours and fueling with fats, you enable your body to switch into fat-burning mode, effectively cleansing your cells far more than any other approach out there.
Also, due to the combination of fats with virtually no carbohydrates or protein, these detox drops will not spike insulin in the slightest. Enjoyed at the first sign of a craving, the drops can eliminate the imbalance at its source, your blood sugar level, making you satiated and providing stable energy.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour (chill)
Serves: 8 (5 drops per serving)
¼ cup cacao butter/oil
¼ cup coconut oil
2 teaspoons Natural Calm lemon flavour
Zest from ½ lemon
5 drops alcohol-free stevia
- Place a candy mold, with at least 40 cavities, on a large baking sheet and set aside.
- Add cacao butter and coconut oil to a small saucepan. Heat over very low heat, just to melt.
- Add in remaining ingredients; whisk until Natural Calm has dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Pour mixture into candy mold, filling to the top. Transfer the baking sheet to the freezer to harden for 1 hour.
- Once hardened, remove lemon drops from the molds and transfer to a container. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freezer for up to 2 months.
Cacao butter is also known as cacao oil. It’s the oil from the cacao bean, the fat in chocolate and the base used in white chocolate. Quality cacao butter has the potential to reduce markers of inflammation with its high levels of antioxidants, benefiting heart, digestive, hormonal and joint health.