Anyone who’s ever had to stay away from dairy or cut back on sugar knows how hard it is to resist dessert.
With this delicious and healthy Vegan Strawberry Magnesium Ice ‘Cream’, you can enjoy a sweet treat while still taking care of your body!
Paleo or sugar-conscious? Good news. We’ve used natural sweeteners (maple syrup or honey), in combination with stevia (if desired), to create a delicious dessert that won’t spike your blood sugar. This ice cream is also dairy-free, making it perfect for vegans, those allergic to dairy and anyone trying to eat more healthfully. Plus, it can be made without an ice-cream maker.!
This ice cream is also dairy-free, making it perfect for vegans, those allergic to dairy and anyone trying to eat more healthfully.
Plus, it can be made without an ice-cream maker!
You can thank the recipe development team at Natural Vitality. The original recipe was featured on their Organic Connections site, which is a great source for healthy, whole foods inspiration.
Prep time: 1 hour +
Cooking time: 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup basil, chopped (optional – use mint if preferred)
- 1 (14 oz) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 15–20 alcohol-free liquid stevia drops (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Raspberry-Lemon Flavor Natural Calm magnesium (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
- Add basil, coconut milk, maple syrup or honey and liquid stevia (if using) to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Stir in the Natural Calm (if using). Pour mixture into an ice-cube tray and leave in the freezer overnight.
- Once frozen, add the coconut milk ice cubes to a food processor, along with the strawberries, and, scraping down the sides as necessary, process until the mixture is smooth and the consistency of soft-serve.
- Serve as is, or freeze for an additional hour until the mixture is firm, then scoop and serve.