Recipe, photo and write-up courtesy of Calmful Living by Natural Vitality.
Dairy-free? Allergic to eggs? Trying to avoid gluten or refined sugar, but still want to enjoy the holiday season? You’ve come to the right place! With this decadent vegan cashew eggnog, you can indulge your sweet tooth while still treating your body right!
This eggnog is made of whole foods like cashews and sweetened with banana and maple syrup. Not only is it loaded with potassium and magnesium, but this eggnog contains healthy fats, protein and cinnamon, which help to stabilize blood sugar.
And the best part? This deliciously creamy eggnog can be served hot or iced! Use a frozen banana and add ice cubes to thicken the eggnog and create a cold, creamy smoothie. Or, blend these ingredients and then simmer for 5 minutes in a small saucepan to heat. Be sure to add an extra dash of cinnamon and nutmeg on top before serving!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 0 mins
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon Natural Calm original flavour (optional)
- 1 banana, peeled; frozen if serving cold
- 3 ice cubes, if serving cold
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- If enjoying cold, serve immediately.
- If enjoying hot, blend ingredients and add to a small saucepan and heat. Serve warm.