Take a load off, sit in the sun, and restore your body’s healthy magnesium levels with a bowl of fresh vanilla bean ice cream.
Vegan and made from entirely whole foods ingredients, this creamy treat is sweetened with Natural Calm. If you didn’t know, Natural Calm is flavoured with organic fruit and stevia, so it’s a zero cal, zero carb addition.
Many thanks to the team at Natural Vitality for another genius recipe creation. To check out the original US version, click here.
Prep Time: 15 min
1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
1 cup water
2 teaspoons Orange flavoured Natural Calm magnesium
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ teaspoon ground vanilla bean (optional)
- Add cashews to a clean glass container. Cover with water (not the water listed in the recipe). Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Once complete, strain and rinse.
- Add soaked cashews, 1 cup of water, Natural Calm and vanilla extract to the jug of your high-powered blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Transfer to a glass container and add in ground vanilla bean, if using. Cover, shake and refrigerate overnight or freeze for 1 hour.
- Pour mixture into ice-cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions.
- Consume immediately, or transfer to a chilled container and freeze for 2 hours for harder scoops.