Apple cider sweetened naturally with fresh-pressed pear juice, along with relaxing Natural Calm magnesium, spiced with cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg for the perfect healthy holiday treat. Recipe by Leanne Vogel, holistic nutritionist and author of Healthful Pursuit.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- 4 ripe pears, juiced
- 2 sweet apples, juiced
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3 teaspoons Natural Calm magnesium
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 8 whole nutmegs
- 4 cloves
- Add all ingredients to a medium-sized saucepan.
- Cover and bring to a boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the stove, strain out the cinnamon sticks, nutmeg and cloves and serve.
- Alternatively, remove from the heat and allow to sit for a couple of hours for the flavours to fully develop.
This recipe published with permission from Calmful Living by Natural Vitality.