Who doesn’t love a yummy cup of hot chocolate on a chilly fall day?
Free of dairy, gluten and refined sugars, this Ginger-Pumpkin Hot Chocolate is a healthier version of the traditional favourite. It combines pumpkin purée with fresh ginger, pumpkin spice and cacao powder to create a creamy, spicy treat.
Adding Natural Calm is a great way to give yourself a quick magnesium boost while enjoying your chocolate too!
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
- 1½ teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- ⅓ cup pumpkin purée
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon Natural Calm original flavour (optional)
- 2 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk (optional)
- Nutmeg (optional)
- Add ingredients to a small pot over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Divide into two mugs and serve warm.
- Top with coconut milk and nutmeg, if desired.