Recipe and write-up courtesy of Calmful Living by Natural Vitality.
Everyone loves hot chocolate during the holidays, and everyone could use a dash of calm as well. Pure-food chef Natalia KW marries the two in this nourishing and nurturing warm drink—perfect for sipping and chilling. The cashews replace milk and make it even creamier.
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 servings Natural Calm, cherry flavour (or any other flavour you like), dissolved in 10 oz very hot water
- Place the 1 cup water, cashews, cacao powder, sweetener, oil, vanilla and salt in a high-speed blender.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Pour into a pan and warm.
- Divide evenly between two large mugs.
- Divide the prepared Natural Calm between each mug.
- Stir well and serve immediately. Enjoy!